The lightweight laptops can be easily used as a tablet. So you can carry it around your workplace or to the lectures. The tablet mode makes it very easy to read books or lectures while you are in the bed or on the go. It is especially useful for laptops that are touch screen. You can even detach the screen from the keyboard and use it independently. It’s pretty cool and useful. In this guide, I will show you how you can use your PC as Tablet without having to install any 3rd party app or software.
Before we move forward, you need to check if your laptop supports tablet mode. You can check it with the manufacturer. Usually, if there is an option you would see it in the action centre. The biggest perf of tablet mode is a multi-app view, where you can open multiple apps at a time on the screen. It also allows you to interact with both apps simultaneously. So if you want to watch a football match, while you are working on your code or something related to work or the University. It can be done at a time, without having to switch the windows. Also, if you want to keep an eye on the stocks along with work. So this feature is pretty useful.
How to Use PC as Tablet on Windows 10:
Now, let’s move on to the guide, as I said, you need to check if your laptop or PC supports tablet mode. Alongside, you should have a touch screen laptop to make things easy and to get a 100% tablet experience.
- To use PC as Tablet, first of all you need to go to the Action centre.
- There, you have to look for Tablet Mode.
- Enable it.
- In order to change the settings of your tablet mode, navigate to Control Panel and search for the Tablet mode. There you can tweak the tablet mode as you wish and according to your preference.
If you are unable to find Tablet mode on your Windows 10 PC. Chances are your laptop does not support it. Another alternative to this is to attach a second monitor to your PC. Use an HDMI cable to extend the screen or project it to the other monitor.
Now if you want to use multiple windows or apps on your PC while it’s in tablet mode. You can either use the task view. Its present on the bottom left corner of your computer screen right next to the Windows button. So you can just drag the window, tab or the app to the corner of the screen where you want it to stick.
Remove Taskbar in Tablet Mode:
The taskbar might look ugly with the Tablet mode. So, in order to remove it follow the steps below:
- First of all, go to the System Settings -> Tablet mode. Or You can just look it up by typing Settings or Tablet mode in search. You can find the search option right next to the windows option.
- Once you are in the Tablet Mode. Look for the option “Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode” and enable it.
- Once it’s gone and now you want to access it, swipe up on your screen from the down bottom. It will pull up the taskbar. Just as it is in the other Android or iOS devices.
If you have any questions or queries regarding how to use PC as tablet on Windows 10. Drop them in the comments. Do you have other tips and tricks down your sleeve and you want to share them with the world. We would love to hear. Your feedback and love are also appreciated.